1 cup butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 ounce smoked dulse
1 ounce pecorino or parmesan
[Ed. note: dulse is an edible seaweed, often found smoked to enrich the flavor of foods cooked with it. It is available online.]
1. Saute butternut squash in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft and just brown, cool slightly.
2. Roll out dough and brush with remaining olive oil and season with salt.
3. Top dough with squash and half the dulse.
4. Bake or cook on stovetop until cooked through.
5. Remove from heat and top with remaining dulse and cheese. Serve immediately.
Reprinted with permission from Superfood Seagreens © 2016 by Barton Seaver, Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
Each week, The Splendid Table brings you stories that expand your world view, inspire you to try something new and show how food brings us together. We rely on you to do this. And, when you donate, you'll become a member of The Splendid Table Co-op. It's a community of like-minded individuals who love good food, good conversation and kitchen companionship. Splendid Table Co-op members will get exclusive content each month and have special opportunities for connecting with The Splendid Table team.
Donate today for as little as $5.00 a month. Your gift only takes a few minutes and has a lasting impact on The Splendid Table and you'll be welcomed into The Splendid Table Co-op.