Crispy on the outside, soft and speckled with flavorful goodness on the inside. There really isn’t anything to dislike about the stuffing muffin. Try em out on your Thanksgiving guests this year and prepare for the compliments to roll into the new year. :)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Drizzle 4 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 of a teaspoon of pepper over the cut bread and bake in the oven on a large baking sheet until slightly dry, about 10 minutes
3. While the bread is crisping, heat a large sauté pan over a medium heat and add remaining olive oil into the pan. Sweat the onions with a touch of salt, then add the celery, garlic, cranberries and herbs
4. Cook until the celery is soft, around an additional 5 minutes
5. In a very large mixing bowl combine the bread cubes, vegetables, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, eggs, and vegetable stock
6. Mix until everything is slightly wet and well combined
7. Generously coat the muffin tin in oil or butter and fill each muffin cup equally
8. Apply pressure to each muffin to pack them in and to form the tops into a traditional muffin shape
9. Bake for 30 minutes until the top is crispy and the sides are golden brown
Each week, The Splendid Table brings you stories that expand your world view, inspire you to try something new, and show how food brings us together. We rely on you to do this. You have the power to keep us cooking, sharing these stories, and helping you in the kitchen.
Donate today for as little as $5.00 a month. Your gift only takes a few minutes and has a lasting impact on The Splendid Table.