This recipe is for a quick and easy soup with a lot of great, vibrant flavors. It was included Francis Lam's interview with chef Amanda Cohen for our The Key 3 series at her restaurant Dirt Candy in New York City.
1) In a medium-sized pot heat the oil, onion, chili flakes and 2 tablespoons of the garlic over medium-low heat until onions become translucent
2) Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, rosemary sprig and cover with water
3) Bring to a light simmer and let cook for about 15-20 minutes
4) Add in the last of the garlic and cook for about 2 more minutes
5) Adjust seasoning and add lemon juice
6) At this point, you could puree a few cups of the soup if you like slightly thicker soups
7) Divide between 4 bowls and serve with or without any of the optional add-ins
Each week, The Splendid Table brings you stories that expand your world view, inspire you to try something new, and show how food brings us together. We rely on you to do this. You have the power to keep us cooking, sharing these stories, and helping you in the kitchen.
Donate today for as little as $5.00 a month. Your gift only takes a few minutes and has a lasting impact on The Splendid Table.
Recipe provided by chef Amanda Cohen of Dirt Candy restaurant