- 6 ounces (2 big handfuls) green beans, trimmed and steamed until tender
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thick slices of salami, soppressata or coppa, cut into thin slivers
- 1/4 cup whole unblanched almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Working Ahead: Steam the beans early in the day or the day before. Cook four to five minutes or until tender crisp. Rinse them under cold running water to stop the cooking process and to set the color. Complete the recipe shortly before serving.
About 8 to 10 minutes before serving, heat the olive oil in a 10-inch sauté pan over a medium-high burner. Add green beans, salami and almonds, then, using two wooden spatulas, toss until heated through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pile beans in a warm bowl and serve.