1 box of pound cake mix
1 stick of butter (at room temperature)
8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 box powdered sugar
1 cup pecan pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter a 9 x 13-inch pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine pound cake mix, butter, and 2 of the eggs.
4. Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
5. Combine cream cheese, the 2 remaining eggs, and two thirds of the box of powdered sugar (I use the same bowl). Mix well, then spread on top of the first mixture.
6. Sprinkle top with pecan pieces.
7. Bake for 35 minutes.
8. Sprinkle finished bars with remaining powdered sugar. That's it!
Each week, The Splendid Table brings you stories that expand your world view, inspire you to try something new, and show how food brings us together. We rely on you to do this. You have the power to keep us cooking, sharing these stories, and helping you in the kitchen.
Donate today for as little as $5.00 a month. Your gift only takes a few minutes and has a lasting impact on The Splendid Table.