1 box of pound cake mix
1 stick of butter (at room temperature)
8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 box powdered sugar
1 cup pecan pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter a 9 x 13-inch pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine pound cake mix, butter, and 2 of the eggs.
4. Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
5. Combine cream cheese, the 2 remaining eggs, and two thirds of the box of powdered sugar (I use the same bowl). Mix well, then spread on top of the first mixture.
6. Sprinkle top with pecan pieces.
7. Bake for 35 minutes.
8. Sprinkle finished bars with remaining powdered sugar. That's it!
Each week, The Splendid Table brings you stories that expand your world view, inspire you to try something new and show how food brings us together. We rely on you to do this. And, when you donate, you'll become a member of The Splendid Table Co-op. It's a community of like-minded individuals who love good food, good conversation and kitchen companionship. Splendid Table Co-op members will get exclusive content each month and have special opportunities for connecting with The Splendid Table team.
Donate today for as little as $5.00 a month. Your gift only takes a few minutes and has a lasting impact on The Splendid Table and you'll be welcomed into The Splendid Table Co-op.