- 4 small eggs
- 200 g pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons garum or anchovy paste
1. Soak pine nuts overnight in water.
2. Drain and grind them finely in the blender or pound them in a large mortar. Add the pepper, honey, and garum.
3. Heat the sauce in a bain-marie (double boiler).
4. Meanwhile, put the eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to a boil.
5. Let them cook for 3 1/2 minutes, then take them off the heat and plunge them into cold water and peel them carefully. The outer edge of the egg white must be firm, but it must be soft inside.
6. Put the eggs, left whole, in a serving bowl, pour the sauce over them and serve.