1. To make the dough, place the egg yolks, sugar, and oil in a large bowl and mix together with a fork. Gradually add the flour, mixing everything into a firm, pasta-like dough. Knead it briefly and leave it to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Dust your work surface with flour and roll out the dough into a 8-inch (20-cm) square sheet. Roll it into a tube and slice across as thinly as it is humanly possible. Untangle the sliced noodles with your fingers and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until they are dry and golden, 10 minutes.
4. Lower the oven temperature to 250°F/120°C. Line the baking sheet with new parchment paper.
5. Whisk the egg whites and both sugars in a large, grease-free bowl until stiff, then gently mix in the noodles and chopped nuts. Don’t be alarmed if it doesn’t look like there is enough meringue – the meringue acts as a binding agent here, so it should mostly be noodles and nuts.
6. Place 8 separate spoonfuls of the noodle meringue on the lined baking sheet and bake until golden and crisp, about 1 hour.