[Ed. note: dulse is an edible seaweed, often found smoked to enrich the flavor of foods cooked with it. It is available online.]
1. Saute butternut squash in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft and just brown, cool slightly.
2. Roll out dough and brush with remaining olive oil and season with salt.
3. Top dough with squash and half the dulse.
4. Bake or cook on stovetop until cooked through.
5. Remove from heat and top with remaining dulse and cheese. Serve immediately.
Each week, The Splendid Table brings you stories that expand your world view, inspire you to try something new, and show how food brings us together. We rely on you to do this. You have the power to keep us cooking, sharing these stories, and helping you in the kitchen.
Donate today for as little as $5.00 a month. Your gift only takes a few minutes and has a lasting impact on The Splendid Table.
Reprinted with permission from Superfood Seagreens © 2016 by Barton Seaver, Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.