Rich, rich, rich and so intense, go for broke on this dessert and use Valrhona's 71% bittersweet chocolate. Serve in little ramekins or demitasse cups, topped with whipped cream. Pour dark roast coffee to sip with the spoon sweet. Make up to 2 days ahead.
- 1 1/2 cups organic heavy whipping cream
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Whipped cream for garnish
1. In a heavy saucepan combine the cream, salt, sugar, vanilla and coffee. Heat over medium until bubbles form around the rim of the cream.
2. Take the pot off the heat and whisk in the chocolates until the cream is smooth. Pour into ramekins or demitasse cups. Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate.
3. Serve close to room temperature, topped with dollops of cream.