This is one of the best and simplest recipes in Byron: The Cookbook. We love the combination of nutty sweet potato with the fragrant heat of green chile.
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
2. Slice the unpeeled potatoes into chips 3/8 inch thick.
3. Put the chips in a large mixing bowl, toss with the olive oil and season with salt.
4. Spread the chips out in a single layer on a large, non-stick baking sheet—or use 2 baking sheets if necessary. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then turn the chips over and bake for a further 20 minutes, or until browned and crisp around the edges.
5. Remove the chips from the oven, place in a serving bowl and add the sliced chiles. Toss briefly and serve.
Reprinted from Byron: The Cookbook by Tom Byng and Fred Smith (Quadrille, 2016)
Each week, The Splendid Table brings you stories that expand your world view, inspire you to try something new, and show how food brings us together. We rely on you to do this. You have the power to keep us cooking, sharing these stories, and helping you in the kitchen.
Donate today for as little as $5.00 a month. Your gift only takes a few minutes and has a lasting impact on The Splendid Table.