2. Butter a 9 x 13-inch pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine pound cake mix, butter, and 2 of the eggs.
4. Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
5. Combine cream cheese, the 2 remaining eggs, and two thirds of the box of powdered sugar (I use the same bowl). Mix well, then spread on top of the first mixture.
6. Sprinkle top with pecan pieces.
7. Bake for 35 minutes.
8. Sprinkle finished bars with remaining powdered sugar. That's it!
From Sheila Harris
Sandor Katz lives to ferment; it’s his life’s work. The author of The Art of Fermentation shares how to make kombucha at home.