Stack bite-sized lemon cheesecake bites like a tower of snowballs ready for a snowball fight, or in this case, a lemon cheesecake truffle-eating contest.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped candied ginger (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps, for coating
Using a stand mixer or a bowl and a spatula, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, candied ginger, if using, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Roll into twenty 1-inch balls, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Before serving, roll each ball in the gingersnaps to coat.
Tip: Zest the lemons over your mixing bowl; when they're zested, the lemon oil is released, which will add more lemon flavor to your recipe.