This salsa fresca comes in handy when someone is intolerant to cilantro and the mint and parsley mixture gives it a very unique flavor that goes well with grilled meats.
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomatoes (1 medium-large)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (leaves only)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chile de arbol powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, preferably Mexican, crumbled
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Let to rest for 1 hour prior to using.
Salsa keeps in the refrigerator 1 day. Drain before using.