Enchiladas and lasagna married at last
Note: This recipe requires a large 3 1/2-quart (roughly 12-by-10-by-2 1/2-inch) aluminum roasting pan or baking dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 9 lasagna noodles (about 1/2 of a 1-pound box)
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (25-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 green onions
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown the ground beef and cook the lasagna noodles according to the instructions on the box. In a large bowl, stir together the red and green enchilada sauces, along with the marinara sauce. In a separate bowl, combine the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
3. Cover the bottom of a large aluminum roasting pan with about 1 cup sauce. Dip 6 of the corn tortillas in the sauce and form a single layer at the base of the pan.
4. Spread one-third of the cheese mix over the tortillas, and spoon one-half of the browned beef over the cheese. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, half of the remaining cheese, the remaining ground beef and lasagna noodles (save one noodle to garnish the top of the dish. Spoon over the rest of the sauce.
5. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes to warm all the fillings and marry the flavors. Increase the heat to 375 degrees, remove the foil, add the last of the cheese and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and golden-brown in spots, 10 to 15 minutes.
6. While the Inchezonya is baking, prepare the title banner. Spray the remaining noodle with cooking spray and place on a greased and foil-lined baking sheet. Cut the green onions to spell out the name "Inchezonya" on the banner. Broil the noodle just until the onions start to wilt but before they brown. Set aside to cool, and cut the remaining green onions to form "confetti."
7. When the Inchezonya is done, spread the green onion confetti over the melted cheese. Carefully place the title banner over the dish and serve with Americana pride!
Each of 16 servings
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 41 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Fat: 50 grams
Saturated fat: 24 grams
Cholesterol: 143 mg
Sugar: 7 grams
Sodium: 1,621 mg