Note: Before making the cookies, read Dr. Peter Gail's instructions for cooking with dandelion flowers.
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1/2 cup dandelion flowers
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Blend oil and honey and beat in the two eggs and vanilla.
3. Stir in flour, oatmeal and dandelion flowers.
4. Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
To Prepare Dandelion Flowers for Use in Recipes:
1. Wash them thoroughly.
2. Measure the required quantity of intact flowers into a measuring cup.
3. Hold flowers by the tip with the fingers of one hand and pinch the green flower base very hard with the other, releasing the yellow florets from their attachment. Shake the yellow flowers into a bowl. Flowers are now ready to be incorporated into recipes.