- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- 3 scallions (white and green parts), chopped
- Crumbled queso fresco (fresh, white Mexican cheese)
1. In a sauté pan over medium heat, warm the oil and cook the onion, bell pepper, paprika, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and salt until the veggies are soft, 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in the tomato and chicken, and cook until the filling is heated through, stirring, about 3 minutes.
2. Warm the tortillas in moistened paper towels in the microwave for 30 seconds, or for a few seconds in a dry skillet over high heat. Stir the chipotle into the sour cream.
3. Pile the filling into the tortillas, topping with chipotle sour cream, lettuce, scallions, and queso fresco.