- 1 bottle vodka
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked until crisp
Iceberg lettuce ice cubes*:
*Enough for 1 tray of cubes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 stalk of lemon grass
- 1 small white onion
- 2 serrano chiles
- salt to taste
To make the BLT Cocktail:
- 1 piece of bacon, cooked and pulverized into "bacon dust"
- 1.5 ounces bacon-infused vodka
- 3 ounces tomato water
- 1 iceberg lettuce ice cube
1. Pour vodka into a wide-mouth pitcher. (Keep the bottle for later.) Add the bacon to the vodka and allow it to infuse for at least six hours.
2. Remove bacon strips. Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and place in freezer overnight.
3. The next day, skim hardened fat from the top of the vodka. Set a funnel over the bottle and a piece of cheesecloth over the funnel; strain the infused vodka back into the bottle and close securely.
Iceberg lettuce ice cubes
1. Run lettuce through a juicer, or puree in food processor add the juice of one lemon and 1 tbs of salt and then strain.
2. Pour the juice into ice cube tray and freeze until hard.
In food processor, purée all of the above until smooth. Strain through a fine napkin over a nonreactive bowl (cheesecloth will not work, it's too porous). Refrigerate the strained liquid overnight. Makes about 20 ounces tomato water, enough for roughly 4 drinks.
To make the BLT Cocktail
Moisten the edge of a Rocks Glass, and roll the edge in the pulverized bacon dust to coat the rim of the glass. Add Ice cube, vodka and tomato water and stir gently.