We gave you 50 recipes that have been popular on our website and asked you to vote for your favorite. The votes have been counted.
Some of the recipes you selected are classics (Pizza Margherita). Others are shortcuts to save time in the kitchen (Ultimate Cheater Pulled Pork). And the No. 4-ranked recipe might one day help us achieve planetary peace (World Peace Cookies).
Here are the 20 best recipes in the history of the show, according to you:
1. Five-Minute Artisan Bread, Jeff Hertzberg and Zoë François
(Photo: Dave77459 / Flickr)
You can make the dough up to 2 weeks before you plan to use it.
2. Basic Green Soup, Anna Thomas
"This chard and spinach soup gets complex flavor from slowly cooked onions and lemon juice, while a sprinkle of rice gives it body and a velvety texture."
3. Classic Pizza Margherita, Lynne Rossetto Kasper
"Thin, crisp crusts like this one are the hallmarks of much of Italy's pizza. Another vital element is not overloading the pie with toppings; less is definitely more on pizza."
4. World Peace Cookies, Dorie Greenspan
(Photo: aturne / Flickr)
"A daily dose of Pierre's cookies is all that is needed to ensure planetary peace and happiness."
5. Homemade Creme Fraiche, Lynne Rossetto Kasper
"Dollop it over fresh fruit, or whip and lightly sweeten to frost or fill cakes. This is a home version that comes close to the real thing."
6. Filipino-Style Chicken Adobo, Lynne Rossetto Kasper and Sally Swift
(Photo: roboppy / Flickr)
"The marinade does all the heavy lifting here ... That aroma of a browning, marinade-saturated chicken can drive you crazy."
7. Roast Chicken with Sumac, Za'atar, and Lemon, Yotam Ottolenghi & Sami Tamimi
"Sumac and za'atar that we love and use so much are combined here with fresh lemon to give the chicken a powerful sharp kick. It works fantastically well and is almost addictive."
8. Greek-Style Green Beans, Crescent Dragonwagon
(Photo: kight p / Flickr)
"Every bite is imbued with flavor -- garlicky, a little hot, meltingly tender; the kind of good that, with your first bite, you close your eyes and grow silent."
9. Ultimate Cheater Pulled Pork, Mindy Merrell and R.B. Quinn
"You drop a pork butt into the slow cooker, add dry rub and bottled smoke, close the cover, go away for a while, pull or chop the meat and pile it on a bun, add sauce, get out the pickles, open a beer. BOOM! That's barbecue, baby."
10. Gougères, Emma Christensen for The Kitchn
"You're going to want to make a batch of these soon, trust me."
11. Green Beans with Lemon, Garlic and Parmigiano Gremolata, Lynne Rossetto Kasper
"Anything you can serve at room temperature is a gift when you’re taking on a big menu. These beans shine at room temperature and could be done a day in advance."
12. Panna Cotta, Lynne Rossetto Kasper
"This panna cotta is like eating vanilla ice cream ... I like it on its own, or the way it’s eaten in homes, with fresh fruit -- cherries when they come into season, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, and pears."
One master recipe, five variations.
14. Mexican Tortilla Casserole, Katie Workman
"Essentially a lasagna with tortillas standing in for noodles, this is one of those dishes that can miraculously be on the table in short order, made from things you most likely have in your pantry and fridge."
15. Old-School Meat Loaf, Lucinda Scala Quinn
"This recipe was one of the five meals my mom had in her heavy weeknight rotation to feed our family of six. I loved the way she made three holes in the loaf and filled each one with a reservoir of spicy ketchup, so each bite had a touch of it."
16. Pho Ga (Chicken Noodle Soup), Charles Phan
"Bowls of pho are the hamburgers of Vietnam: incredibly popular, eaten every day by a majority of the population, young and old."
17. Classic Creamy Oyster Stew, Lynne Rossetto Kasper
"In this case, taking the easy way out gives you the best of the best. Oyster stew is that occasional luxury you can pull off on a work night."
18. Supernatural Brownies, Nick Malgieri
"Though the name sounds an exaggeration, you’ll agree that these brownies are absolutely out of this world."
19. Baked Ziti with Ricotta, Minnie Giraldi
(Photo: Meaghan O'Malley / Flickr)
"This rich casserole has the flavors of lasagna without the work. It's perfect for a Sunday dinner."
(Photo: stu_spivak / Flickr)
Serve these with lettuce leaves, basil, cucumber, chili peppers and Vietnamese Dipping Sauce.