Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 11/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches watercress, washed, dried and coarse stems removed
- 1/4 tightly-packed cup fresh basil leaves, coarse chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- generous pinch sugar
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 4 whole scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (or to taste)
1. Heat oil in a 12-inch wok over high heat. Swirl in ginger and garlic for a second or 2. Add onion, watercress, basil, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir-fry until watercress wilts.
2. Turn into a bowl and toss with the cabbage and scallions. Serve at room temperature, adding vinegar to taste just before serving.
April's Sunday Suppers Menu
Lynne's Menu Introduction & Shopping List
Mahogany-Glazed Chicken Wings
Home-Style Spring Rolls
French Chocolate-Fudge Cake
©2000 Lynne Rossetto Kasper. The Splendid Table™ and Lynne's Sunday Suppers™ are trademarks owned by Lynne Rossetto Kasper. All rights are reserved.