- 1 1/2 cups (about 8 oz.) blanched almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup (about 3.5 oz.) sweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Grind the almonds in a food processor. Combine with sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites to medium peaks. Gently fold into the almond mixture.
4. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets, leaving at least 1 inch between macaroons. Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes.