We couldn't believe how outrageously yummy these halibut skewers are. Crusty Italian bread and halibut are seasoned with fresh rosemary, then woven with pancetta and grilled until golden.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boned and skinned halibut, cut into 2-in. chunks
- 4 cups 1-1/2-in. cubes crusty bread, such as ciabatta
- 3 ounces pancetta, sliced paper-thin
1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium heat (350° to 450°; you can hold your hand 5 inches above cooking grate only 5 to 7 seconds).
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add halibut and bread. Toss to coat, then set aside 5 minutes.
3. Skewer an end of 1 strip pancetta, then alternate fish and bread cubes on the skewer*, weaving pancetta between them. Repeat 3 times.
4. Grill kebabs, turning frequently, until fish is cooked through and bread is charred in places, about 6 minutes.
*You will need 4 metal skewers, each 10 in. long, for the kebabs.