- 8 bags (15 ounces each) purple corn
- 8 green apples
- 2 pineapples (peeled and cored)
- 2 quince
- 10 cinnamon sticks
- 20 whole cloves
- 15 cups sugar, or to taste
- 1 quart freshly squeezed key lime juice, or to taste
1. Wash, peel and cut fruit into pieces. Reserve the skins.
2. Cut the corn kernels from the cob.
3. Combine the fruit, fruit skins, corn kernels and spices in a large pot with enough water to cover. Cook for approximately one hour, or until the water takes on a deep purple color and is infused with flavors.
4. Strain and let the liquid cool. Add sugar and lime juice to taste.