Oh, Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizza, how I love thee! Okay, that might sound kind of weird, but try it and you'll know what I mean. These silly little pizzas are the easiest things in the world to make and most excellent to eat. In my opinion, that's the perfect combination. I like making them this way, but you could use almost any toppings you want.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 pieces pita bread
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or Jack cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Cut the chicken into 2-inch chunks and place in a small saucepan. Cover with water and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. (Cut into one of the pieces to make sure there is no pink inside.) Remove from the heat and drain off the water.
3. Place the pita bread on a baking sheet and spread some of the barbecue sauce on each piece. Break the chicken into small pieces and arrange around the pita bread. Sprinkle with the cilantro and top with the cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.