Cookbook author and gadget guru Dorie Greenspan is in her element when she has a batch of kitchen gadgets to test drive. Here are some of her picks perfect for holiday stocking stuffing.
- Oxo Good Grips Colander: metal with heavy, sturdy rubber feet for good balance; opens so you can extend it over the sink for draining. About $30.
- Silicone Collapsible Colander: Tap it and it collapses into itself for storing flat. About $30.
- Switch-It Spatula: A good "grab-it" tool made of silicone that's wide on one side, narrow on the other. About $10.
- Ceramic Peeler by Kyocera: V-shaped, super sharp ceramic blade peels potatoes in no time. About $12.
- Screw-Pull Champagne Cork Popper: It might look like the Seattle Space Needle but it makes quick work of opening a bottle of bubbly. About $10.
- Foodie Fight: Not a gadget, but a 1,000-question trivia game for anyone who loves food and cooking. About $19.