- 1 pound ziti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli rabe, florets and tender stems only
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned broth
- 1/2 pound cooked sweet Italian sausage, crumbled or chopped
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Grana Padano, or Parmigiano Reggiano
Cook the ziti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until golden. Add the broccoli rabe, crushed red pepper and salt; cover and steam for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chicken stock, sausage and butter and cook over high heat until the sauce reduces slightly, about 3 minutes.
Add the ziti to the skillet and toss gently. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top and toss again. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining cheese.