- 4 to 5 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 or 4 large potatoes), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped parsley leaves
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it; add the potatoes and cook until barely tender, about 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
2. Drain the potatoes (you may use the same water to blanch the green beans, below), then plunge them into a large bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking. When they're cool, drain again. Toss them in a large roasting pan with the olive oil and the garlic.
3. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Roast the potatoes, tossing them occasionally, until completely tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss with the parsley, salt, and pepper, and serve.