Use fresh or frozen raspberries for this simple dessert. Serve it on its own, with frozen yogurt, or over shortcake.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, or 10 ounces frozen, unsweetened raspberries
- pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sugar to taste (2 to 4 tablespoons)
- 2 pints fresh, sweet strawberries, hulled and halved
1. In a blender or food processor combine the raspberries, vanilla and salt. Puree. Pour them through a fine strainer into a bowl, pressing down to get every bit of berry pulp. Taste as you stir in sugar a teaspoon at a time.
2. Set aside 6 whole strawberries for garnishes. Fold the raspberry sauce into the rest of the berries. Either serve right away or hold up to an hour. Spoon into bowls and enjoy at room temperature..