- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-6 oz smoked salmon - shredded
- 6 chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- Dash of Sriracha or other hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted (for coating)
- Cucumber, cherry tomato, and yellow bell pepper for decoration (optional)
Using a stand mixer or bowl and spatula, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salmon, scallions, capers, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper paprika and hot sauce until fully combined. Form the mixture into a ball, or fish shape. Cover with plastic wrap and tuck into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Before serving, roll the ball in toasted, sliced almonds. If opting for the sculpted fish version (pictured), place the toasted almonds and sliced cucumbers as "scales," slice a yellow bell pepper for "fins," and a cherry tomato for the "eye."
Serve on a plate or platter with round crackers.