Prep time: 10 minutes (with pre-cooked or canned beans)
Cook time: --
Total time: 10 minutes (with pre-cooked or canned beans)
Yield: Makes about 8 servings
Note: Can be prepared in advance; easily multiplied
- 2 cups cooked cannellini or other white beans, drained but quite moist
- 1 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- The grated rind of 2 lemons
- 1. Put the beans in the container of a food processor with 1 clove of the garlic and a healthy pinch of salt. Turn the machine on and add the 1/4 cup olive oil in a steady stream through the feed tube; process until the mixture is smooth. Taste and add more garlic if you like, then puree again.
- 2. Place the mixture in a bowl and use a wooden spoon to beat in the rosemary, lemon zest, and remaining olive oil. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Use immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.