- 4 large pears, about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 ounces gorgonzola or other creamy blue cheese
- 12 cups mixed greens. washed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups any vinaigrette
1. Peel and core the pears; cut them into 1/2-inch chunks and toss with the lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Crumble the gorgonzola into small bits; cover and refrigerate until needed.
3. When you're ready to serve, toss the pear, cheese, and greens together with as much of the dressing as you like. Serve immediately.