2. Mix the cheese with the flour and chile.
3. Line a half-sheet pan with parchment. You need to make these in batches, but they go quickly.
4. Scatter generous tablespoon-sized mounds of the cheese mixture about 4 inches apart and gently spread out into 6-inch rounds. Do not mound the cheese. If you make them too thick they will be chewy rather than crisp.They should be thick enough to just hold together when melted.
5. Bake 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden in color with a lovely lace appearance.
6. Cool on the parchment on a rack. Transfer carefully to a serving plate with a thin metal spatula and serve.
Note: Frico can be stored between layers of wax paper in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 5 days.
"The happiest people in the world interact about 7 hours a day," says Dan Buettner, author of Thrive. "They don't just wake up in the morning and schedule 7 hours of interaction. A lot of it happens to revolve around food and the rituals that surround food." Buettner circled the globe in search of the world's happiest populations -- he shares four tips with The Splendid Table.