- 4 c raw lacinato kale, stems removed, cut into strips 1 cm wide
- 1 1/2 t cocoa nibs
- 1 t shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces warm bacon, crisped and roughly chopped
- 1 persimmon, cut into very thin wheels
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Banyuls dressing, see below
Mix kale, cocoa nibs, bacon, and shallot in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Coat well with the dressing. Arrange persimmon wheels on the salad after it's put on the plate so they do not break.
- 2 t Banyuls vinegar
- 1 t honey
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 3 t extra-virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well before using.