- 3 pounds green beans or snow peas, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or butter
- 3 lemons
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it (you may use the same water in which you blanched the potatoes); add the beans and cook until bright green and tender, about 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
2. Drain the beans, then plunge them into a large bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking. When they're cool, drain again. Zest the lemons and julienne or mince the zests. Juice the lemons.
3. When you're ready to serve, place the oil in a large skillet and turn the heat to medium high. Add the beans and cook, tossing or stirring, until they are hot and glazed with the oil, 3 to 5 minutes. Toss in a serving bowl with the lemon juice, top with the zest, and serve.