- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 lb haricots verts or other thin green beans, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups corn (from about 6 ears)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
Cook shallot in butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add beans, corn, and salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime zest and lime juice.