Note: Have everything cut and ready, but mix just before serving.
- 1 medium to large cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 red jalapeño pepper, partially seeded and cut into small dice
- 2/3 cup torn Thai, Cinnamon or Spicy Globe basil leaves (regular basil can be used)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Generous pinch sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Gently combine all ingredients, tasting as you add each one. Set out in a bowl with long bamboo skewers.
2. Spear chunks of melon to eat. You can top the pulao with the melon as well.