2. Butter both sides of bread slices, place on tin foil, and put into oven. Toast slices on both sides.
3. Place raisins in bowl of hot water to plump. Cover, soak for 20 minutes, and drain.
4. Combine sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Mix well.
5. Break up toasted bread, and put in casserole dish. Add drained raisins. Pour egg mixture over bread, and stir.
6. Bake 40 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
"The happiest people in the world interact about 7 hours a day," says Dan Buettner, author of Thrive. "They don't just wake up in the morning and schedule 7 hours of interaction. A lot of it happens to revolve around food and the rituals that surround food." Buettner circled the globe in search of the world's happiest populations -- he shares four tips with The Splendid Table.