- 1/2 the dough from 1 recipe for Superflaky Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pound high-quality bittersweet chocolate, broken into 1/2-inch square chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out half of the dough from the Superflaky Pie Crust recipe to 1/8-inch thickness, 1 inch larger than the pie plate. Drape the crust over the rolling pin and carefully fit into the pie plate. Trim the edges to 1/2 inch wider than the rim of the pie plate. Fold excess under the rim, on the outside of the plate, and crimp, pinching the dough between your thumb and forefinger at 1-inch intervals.
3. Toast the chopped pecans and chopped walnuts in a small sauté pan placed over medium-high heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until they are evenly toasted and crisp, about 4 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, light corn syrup, honey, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, melted butter, bourbon, all-purpose flour, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cinnamon and blend until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the toasted pecans, toasted walnuts, and chunks of chocolate. Pour the mixture into the piecrust.
5. Bake the pie on the center oven rack until it is set, about 40 to 50 minutes. A cake tester inserted into the center of the pie should come out clean (unless you hit a chocolaty spot). Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.